Tips for a Successful Garage Sale
1. Advertise locally on Facebook, the Pennysaver or neighborhood sites.
2. Shoppers more often stop for full tables and large items. Bookcases, dressers, toys, and tools attract traffic.
3. Dealers and collectors visit sales, so clearly display one-of-a-kind items. Make a sign to highlight these items
4. Make sure appliances work, and clean everything before putting out for sale.
5. 10-30% of retail is a fair price for most items. Tag all items, but be prepared to haggle.
6. Items sorted by size and type and organized on shelves or racks get a higher price.
7. Partner with neighbors and split the costs.
8. Check the weather.
9. Make neatly lettered signs to direct traffic to your house.
10. Leftovers: give them away, keep them for another sale, or call a charitable organization for pickup. Keep a list of donated items for your accountant at tax time.